Getting pregnant is the most beautiful, fitting and natural progression in a relationship. Generally your love for each other is enough for you to accept this beautiful gift of nature, However In some cases, as when nature needs a boost, a little push from you and your partner can go a long way in getting pregnant. Below we have mentioned few tips which will increase your chances of getting pregnant. However if you are facing any problems with fertility(Infertility is a condition defined as not being able to become pregnant after at least one year of unprotected, regular, well-timed intercourse), then you can freely ask our experts about it.
Natural way of conceiving-:
A Visit to your Gynae
A visit to an GYN/OB is recommended as a first step after you and your spouse decide to have a baby. The doctor will check you for any health problems, prescribe prenatal vitamins( like folic acid, Vitamin B,C and E), and check for obstacles such as infections or sexually transmitted diseases. The doctor can also recommend a method for tracking ovulation which will help to improve the chances of anything successful conception.
1. Predicting ovulation is the key to improving fertility. This is because having sex near ovulation improves your chances of getting pregnant with each menstrual cycle. One way to determine ovulating time is to use a basal body temperature (BBT) thermometer. But it is not always successful. If ovulation is irregular it is difficult to anticipate likely days for successfully getting pregnant. The BBT does not predict ovulation-it registers a temperature spike 24 to 48 hours later-aiding prediction of ovulation in the next cycle.
2. Another way is to look for changes in your cervical fluid - When cervical mucus is produced in greater quantities and when it is stretchy in texture, it means you are ovulating and therefore are most fertile. But if cervical mucus is dry and being produced in lesser amounts, you are less fertile. Some women also experience a mild pain in the abdominal area that is indicative of ovulation.
Having frequent sex to get pregnant
1. One of the most common techniques used for getting pregnant is to time sex around ovulation so that it can help improve your odds of getting pregnant,
2. It is found that having frequent sex also increases the chances of getting pregnant as you don’t miss out on ovulation date in case your periods are irregular.
3. Another factor is to use Best Position method - This is because certain sexual positions can help the male sperm to be deposited as near to the female cervix as possible, which increases a woman’s chances of conceiving. Positions like (rear penetration Missionary position, Lying side by side, elevating your hip and buttocks) are recommended. Lying in bed for about 20 minutes with a pillow propped under your hips can help boost your odds of getting pregnant.
Eating a Well Balanced Diet
Follow a healthy, balanced diet by eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as foods that are rich in iron, calcium and folate is essential for reproductive health and weight. Being overweight or underweight can affect the body’s hormone levels which in turn makes conception difficult.
Following a regular exercise regime
Regular exercise such as walking, swimming or cycling will help keep you fit and active before and during your pregnancy. It will also help get you back into shape after the pregnancy. Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine as this can make you less fertile.
Try Relaxation methods
Reduce stress by practicing relaxation techniques such as acupuncture, visualization or meditation, or listen to calming music can boost your chances of getting pregnant.
Manage negative emotions
Starting your planning process with a positive attitude during the pre-conception process by gaining support from your partner, family and friends goes a long way in increasing your chances of fertility. By actively pursuing good health, proper nutrition and removing potential harm from your life before conceiving you can increase your chances of a health pregnancy and a healthy baby
The above mentioned tips can increase your chances to concive naturally, But sometimes you might need a little extra help. Fortunately, we live in an era where medical sciences have made tremendous progress and there is a lot of medical help available for intended parents. For couples who have tried but failed to concieve naturally for a long period of time, it's time you start thinking about IVF (In Vitro Fertilization).